2014 Committee Chairs
* = Voting Members
Bylaws & Standing Rules: *
First Weber Group
Finance & Budget: *
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Exit Realty XL
Famous Homes Realty
Programs & Education:*
GMAR VP of Operations
Ways & Means:*
Realty Executives Integrity
Knight Barry Title
EXIT Realty Horizons
Committee Chair Descriptions
Bylaws & Standing Rules Committee
• Review bylaws and amend as needed.
• National amendments to local bylaws are automatically binding; simply notice to your members.
• Local bylaws in conflict with the model bylaws will not be approved.
• Submit amendments to National WCR for approval.
• Develop and review periodically Standing Rules, which should be voted on each year.
• Rights of membership are granted, or limited, only in the bylaws, never in the Standing Rules, which are for
administrative convenience only.
• Work closely with the Parliamentarian if the Chapter has one.
Finance and Budget Committee
• Prepare an annual budget for approval by the Governing Board.
• Review budget and actual expenditures with the Treasurer as needed.
• Plan and conduct fundraising programs as needed, including funds to enable the Local President, President- Elect and Vice President of Membership to attend national meetings.
• Welcome newcomers to Chapter meetings and introduce them to the members.
• Encourage unity and friendship within the Chapter.
• Communicate on behalf of the Chapter with members who are ill or bereaved.
• Recruit new members by planning a Chapter membership campaign that encourages and challenges members to recruit new members.
• Plan for recognition of new members at Chapter meetings.
• Retain existing membership and re-recruit “dropped” members.
• Notify National WCR and state and local officers of changes of status or address of membership.
• Compile and publish a Chapte
• Fulfill obligations of Chapter bylaws Article VIII Nominations. Must be elected at Annual Election Meeting to
serve the following calendar year. Service on this committee is limited to REALTOR®/REALTOR-Associate®
• Before distributing membership applications to prospective members complete the dues amounts on the application and the name of your Chapter. These steps will ensure speedier and more accurate processing by National WCR.
• Pre-qualify candidates for National Affiliate membership – make sure your Chapter is under the 30% limit and the individual holds membership in a Local Board of REALTORS®
Programs and Education Committee • Plan business resource programs that will increase your member’s productivity and income.
• Plan and develop programs for Chapter meetings consistent with the needs of members. The impact of WCR on
the members increases when each Local Chapter provides meaningful education for a more professional and successful career in real estate.
• Carry out program plans completing arrangements for speakers, panelists, etc.
• Evaluate programs’ impact and success.
• Inform members of educational opportunities offered by the Local Board, State Association, NAR Affiliates, and by nearby educational institutions.
• Record reservations for Chapter meetings and report as required. In some Chapters, arrange meeting place and menu, responsible for reservations equaling guarantee.
• Maintain attendance records.
• To maintain and track the amount of funds available for scholarships, to determine need and to award scholarships to ALL members for WCR training, education and events.
Ways and Means Committee (options of Chapter) • Assumes from Finance & Budget committee the responsibility to conduct fundraising programs.
• Raises funds to enable the officers to attend national, regional and state meetings.
Technology Committee • To create website, update the website and social media avenues, assist in facilitating and disbursement of Business Resource Meeting announcements, organizations quarterly newsletters and other information as necessary.